Guests and Visitors to Campus
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the campus community, Salem Academy and College has implemented these guest and visitor guidelines. Salem takes the safety and wellbeing of our campus members and visitors seriously. During the COVID-19 pandemic, all visitors are expected to fully comply with the following guidelines, including safe physical distancing, use of masks or face coverings, personal health screening, and healthy hygiene practices.
For the near future and until Salem directs otherwise, only visitors and guests who have arranged a campus visit for specific Academy and College reasons will be allowed on campus, e.g., prospective students and families, contractors, board members, delivery drivers, vendors, consultants. The campus and its facilities are not open to the general public until further notice. If there is a reason to visit Salem, please go to the Academy website (salemacademy.com) or the College website (salem.edu) and contact the appropriate department to arrange your visit.
Before your scheduled visit, please read the following information and guidelines.
Before Coming On Campus
- Arrange Your Visit: Please talk with your Salem Academy and College contact person or the appropriate department to arrange a visit and to learn where to park and meet them on campus.
- Review Guest and Visitor Guidelines: Please fully review these guidelines to understand the eligibility criteria for entering campus and the requirements for staying safe while on campus.
- Review and Follow Daily COVID-19 Health Screening Checklist: Please review the Daily COVID-19 Screening Checklist. Visitors must conduct symptom self-monitoring every day prior to their arrival when visiting the campus (including taking their temperature on the day of their visit). Visitors must be free of any COVID-19 symptoms and known COVID-19 exposure to be eligible to enter campus. If you are exhibiting symptoms or have had exposure, please do not come onto campus at this time. Promptly notify your Salem contact for further instructions and to reschedule your visit.
Arriving on Campus
- Submit Signed Safety Acknowledgement: Your Salem contact person will meet you on the day of your arrival at Salem or otherwise direct you where to go and collect your signed Visitor and Guest Safety Acknowledgement representing (1) that you agree to carefully follow these guidelines while on campus and (2) that you meet the COVID-19 Screening Checklist criteria for safely entering campus. You may alternatively sign the Visitor and Guest Safety Acknowledgement electronically using the link provided.
- Follow Check-In/Check-out System: Either you or your Salem contact must also contact Salem Public Safety by calling 336-917-5555 to check you in on arrival and check you out when you depart campus. Should your ability to follow the guidelines or your health status change during your visit(s) to Salem, please notify your Salem contact or Public Safety immediately.
- Designated Areas to Visit: Please only go to the campus locations that were designated for your visit. If you need to go to other locations, please have this approved by your Salem contact beforehand.
- Operations Schedule: The Physical Plant will provide daily cleaning and disinfecting of bathrooms and public spaces. On specific days when the Physical Plant is performing special cleaning and disinfecting of certain buildings, there will be no access permitted to those buildings. For information about building operations schedules, please ask your Salem contact.
- Entry / Exit Points and Traffic Flow: To promote safe traffic patterns for persons entering, exiting, and maneuvering within campus facilities, Salem has posted signage providing specific points of entry and exit for campus buildings and directional traffic flow expectations for stairwells and other locations. Visitors must follow these circulation directives. Please direct questions to Salem Public Safety (336-917-5555) or your Salem contact.
- Campus Signage: To educate the campus community and limit the spread of COVID-19, Salem has posted signage on campus about COVID-19 prevention, physical distancing, healthy hygiene practices, and use of masks and cloth face coverings. Visitors are expected to follow these directives for COVID-19 safety and prevention.
Required Personal Safety Practices
To maintain and support campus wellness, visitors must follow personal safety practices including the following measures as recommended by public health authorities:
- Face Masks / Cloth Face Coverings: Face masks or cloth face coverings must be worn by all visitors on campus except when individuals are alone in private spaces, when officially warranted by practical activities (e.g., actively eating or drinking), and outdoors where safe physical distancing (at least 6 feet apart) can be maintained. If you cannot wear a face covering for personal reasons, please let your Salem contact know before coming to campus so that alternate arrangements can be made.
- Physical Distancing: Visitors on campus must practice safe social distancing at all times, including staying at least 6 feet apart from other people and not gathering in large groups. Since asymptomatic people can spread COVID-19 without knowing they are ill, it is important to stay a safe distance from others.
- Handwashing: Healthy hand hygiene and frequent hand washing are required. Visitors should sanitize their hands upon arriving to campus. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place and after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or touching your face. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer. For COVID-19 prevention, avoid shaking hands and touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face. Salem provides hand sanitizer in building lobbies and common spaces to encourage and facilitate keeping hands clean.
- Coughing/Sneezing Hygiene: If you are in a private setting and not wearing your face covering, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw the used tissues in a trash receptacle. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with hand sanitizer.
Guidance for Use of Campus Spaces
- Restrooms: In using restroom facilities with multiple stalls, maintain at least 6 feet of distance between individuals to the extent possible. Wash your hands thoroughly after using restroom facilities to reduce the potential transmission of the virus.
- Elevators: No more than one person should use an elevator at a time. Wear your mask or face covering and avoid touching the elevator buttons with your exposed hand/fingers, if possible. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon departing the elevator. Please use the stairs whenever possible.
- Meeting Rooms: Convening in groups increases the risk of viral transmission. If meeting in-person, the meeting size cannot exceed posted space capacity restrictions.
- Large Conference Rooms and Auditorium: Conference room and/or auditorium setup must be modified as needed to allow adequate spacing between chairs. Individuals who are meeting in-person in conference rooms and/or auditorium spaces should maintain 6 feet of separation for seating to meet physical distancing requirements. Use of conference rooms and auditorium spaces cannot exceed posted space capacity restrictions.
- Meal/Breakrooms: Meals and breakrooms are not currently available to visitors.
At the End of Your Visit
- Required Check-Out: Please remember to check-out with your Salem contact person or Public Safety by calling 336-917-5555. If you will be back on campus at a later date, make arrangements at this time consistent with these guidelines. Thank you for visiting Salem Academy and College and for your cooperation in following these important visitor and guest guidelines.
Guest and Visitor Safety Acknowledgement to COVID-19 Pandemic Guidelines
Please submit your Acknowledgement online or bring a signed copy with you.