Salem Academy campus events for fall 2020 will be reinvented as virtual events, allowing Salem and external communities to attend remotely. Some events may be live, live-streamed, and/or prerecorded.
Fall 2020 Policy for External Events
Except authorized by the President’s Cabinet, events hosted by external individuals, businesses, and organizations will not be allowed until further notice. To the extent permitted, any such events will be strictly limited in keeping with local, state, and federal guidelines, as well as additional Salem Academy and College standards, and may change at any time. This applies to all events on campus, regardless of the size of the venue.
- Attendance limits will be based on Salem capacity restrictions and North Carolina executive orders as applicable.
- Compliance with new facility capacity restrictions, physical distancing guidelines (to maintain 6 feet of separation), and mask usage requirements will be mandatory for all events.
- An enhanced hygiene environment with disinfectant products and hand sanitizer will be implemented for all events.
- Venues will be cleaned thoroughly before and after each event and additional related costs for external event hosts will apply.
- Seating will be marked in each venue, with capacity determined by room size and physical distancing standards. Some rooms may be rearranged, and furniture removed.
- Waiting lines will be separated and physically distanced through lobbies, with marked entrances and exits in the venues.
- Seating will be conducted in an orderly manner to reduce direct contact with other people. Leaving while an event is in progress where physical distancing cannot be maintained will be discouraged absent emergencies; and re-entering the venue may not be allowed unless there are available marked spaces behind the audience.
- Limits will be established for the number of people on stage, following physical distancing guidelines. Additional limits or restrictions may apply for different types of performances.
- Events must be paperless without paper programs, agendas, or other hard-copy materials.
- Aramark will be responsible for providing all food and beverage services. Type of services will be limited and possibly restricted.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Please review this site for the most current version of the fall 2020 external events policy.