Daily COVID-19 Screening Checklist
To prevent the spread of illness and to reduce the potential risk of exposure to our campus community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Salem Academy and College has developed this health screening checklist to determine when it is safe for campus members and guests to enter campus.
Individuals reporting to campus are required to monitor their own health on a daily basis consistent with this checklist before entering campus or reporting to work. Individuals must not enter campus or report to work if they answer “yes” to any of the following questions.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND EXPOSURE
- In the past 14 days, have you felt sick or feverish?
- In the past 14 days, have you experienced any of these symptoms?
- Fever (equal to or greater than 100.1 degrees Fahrenheit) or chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies)
Have you had “close contact” (defined as within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone that has a suspected or lab confirmed case of COVID-19?
Have you been directed by a health department or health care provider to quarantine?
Since you were last on campus, have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Have you traveled internationally or by cruise ship in the past 14 days?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS OR REPORT TO WORK and promptly notify the following Salem official:
- If you are an EMPLOYEE (faculty and staff), notify Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 336-917-5721 for further instruction. Also seek advice from your healthcare provider.
- If you are a STUDENT, notify the Salem COVID-19 Response Team by emailing COVID19@salem.edu. Also seek advice from your healthcare provider. *For students, reporting your responses to the Daily COVID-19 Screening Checklist to Salem is not required during the virtual learning period when students are not entering campus; however, students should notify the COVID-19 Response Team (COVID19@salem.edu), the Director of Curriculum and Instruction (email@example.com), or the Acting Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance if quarantine or isolation requirements or the COVID-19 illness impact their participation in virtual classes.
- If you are a VISITOR OR GUEST, coordinate with your Salem Academy and College contact by phone or email to reschedule your visit. Also seek advice from your healthcare provider. Visitors or guests will be subject to Salem Quarantine and Isolation Situational Protocols requirements and must be cleared by the Salem COVID Response Team (COVID19@salem.edu) prior to campus entry.